I along with our Optician Sonja recently attended the 29th annual International Vision Expo East at the Javitz Conference Center in New York City. This is the largest vision conference in North America attended by well over 50 000 eyecare professionals. Although I have attended this conference several times, this year was different as not only did I attend as an Optometrist but as a practice owner. Our mission was to bring back the latest and greatest in eyecare and eyewear to the patients of EyedeologyTM. I believe we did quite well and would like share our experience with you.
What is New to EyedeologyTM from NYC?
- Zoria Boost Eyelash Intensifying Serum
– A natural eyelash serum to to naturally stimulate, strengthen and condition eyelashes creating a dramatically longer, fuller, darker look. Ideal for individuals with sensitive eyes, those who currently have lash extensions or those not wanting a medicated product such as Latisse.
- TOMS EYEWEAR – One for One. The collection was released in NYC and EyedeologyTM is the 1st to introduce TOMS Eyewear and Sunwear to Calgary. Dr. Farrah had the opportunity to meet founder of TOMS Blake Mycoskie in NYC. Come check out this great initiative first launched in SHOES and now EYEWEAR.
– Purchase with a purpose. Have the vision to restore sight for those in need. With each purchase of eyewear, TOMS will help restore sight for one person in one of eight countries. This is your chance to make a difference.
- Our Most Unique Collection yet – FEB 31ST
– What’s Feb31st? Non existant till now. The collection offers models for man, woman and unisex made of total WOOD. Very comfortable, light, and high quality wood. Custom design your own piece with a variety of colours to choose from or select one from our gallery. These amazing pieces are sure to catch your eye.
- Lightec Men’s Collection – A combination of lightness and technology for immediate comfort: LIGHTEC optical frames and sunglasses are made entirely from stainless steel, with an exclusive screwless flex hinge system. Come check out the newest models in our eye gallery.
Dr. Farrah also had the opportunity to meet American heavyweight boxing champion in the late 1970s and early 1980s known for his solid defense boxer Larry Holmes. Holmes was one of the few boxers to beat Muhammad Ali.
Other highlights of the Vision Expo: Ray Ban booth featuring the Blues Brothers.
We had the opportunity to watch glasses being made.
Finally some pics from inside the MTA Subway and from the Macy’s Annual Flower show – The Secret Garden with beautiful flower displays throughout the entire store.